Dinners in the Field
A True Farm to Table Experience right here in Oregon City.
Put on by Field & Vine Events | You only live once.
~ Share this Post ~
The 2017 line-up of Dinner in the Field features over 32 farms, vineyards, barrel rooms, barns, & urban wine collectives. Four of these events are here in Oregon City and I will list two more – one in Canby and one that features a Creamery in Molalla. What could be more enjoyable than dinner in the fields of Oregon City ??
Dinner in the Field is an event which invites you to indulge all of your senses strolling through a vineyard or farm with a wine glass in hand whilst a winemaker or farmer tell tales about the farm or vineyard. Eventually, you will find your way to long community tables set with candles and linens. Six to seven courses are expertly prepared by a chef made with native ingredients sourced straight from the host farm or surrounding farms when possible. This is the essence of what farm to table means! Since you are wandering through vineyards or farms, casual attire recommended of course so opt out of your high heels while straw hats are encouraged.
- June 17th at King’s Raven Winery & Tranquil Farms with Pitch Dark Chocolate
- June 25th Summer Solstice Sock Burning Bonfire Dinner at King’s Raven Winery with Friends of Timberline
- July 22nd Christopher Bridge Cellars with Tranquil Farms
- August 6th Rare Plant Research & Villa Catalana Cellars with Portland Cider Company
- September 16th Terra Vina Wines with Goldin Artisan Creamery at 33750 SW Ladd Hill Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070 ** featuring Goldin Artisan Creamery from the foothills of Molalla.
- October 7th St. Josef’s Estate Vineyards & Winery with Portland Cider Company ** nearby at 28836 S. Barlow Road, Canby, OR 97013
Explore many more locations + purchase tickets on their website link below. Dinners benefit various charities depending on which event you attend. The price of your ticket includes the wine/beer, tax and gratuity.
I have already bought by tickets for dinner in the fields of Oregon City, have you?
“All four elements were happening in equal measure – the cuisine, the wine, the service, and the overall ambience. It taught me that dining could happen at a spiritual level.” ~Charlie Trotter
Places of interest mentioned in this blog post that you may choose to support or visit outside the event listed above:
Goldin Artisan Goat Cheese
Made from the high-quality milk of the resident Alpine herd crafted on a small-scale in a traditionally artisan manner. Their award winning cheeses are sold in many local Portland stores, restaurants and wine bars as well as in a select few in Seattle, Chicago and New York.
Molalla, OR 97038
LIKE on FACEBOOK
Farm tours are available by appointment only during the summer and are limited.
High five them for: winning the Super Gold Metal World Cheese Award for their Chaumine cheese 2015-2016.
St. Josef’s Estate Vineyards & Winery
28836 S Barlow Rd, Canby, OR 97013
Portland Cider Company
8925 SE Jannsen Rd, Bldg F., Clackamas, OR 97015
Pitch Dark Chocolate
5353 NE Sandy Blvd. Portland
FOLLOW in INSTAGRAM